1. Bow to the centre of the mat when you enter and bow to the centre of the mat when you exit.
2. Shake hands and greet all students and instructors on the mat once you enter the dojo.
3. Classes begin and end with a formal bow to the instructor and then to the picture of Grand Master Helio Gracie, students lining up in descending grade order.
4. For safety reasons, if you are late stay by the side of the mat and wait for the permission from the Professor before entry.
5. For safety reasons, if you need to leave the mat or leave earlier you must ask permission from the Professor before leaving.
6. Absolutely no foul language or belching inside the school.
7. Keep finger and toe nails short and clean for everyone’s safety.
8. All students must wear the official Gracie Humaitá patches. The kimono pants and top must be the same colour (white or blue). Wash the kimono after every class. A dirty kimono is a sign of disrespect.
9. The belt is represents your progress. Keep it on.
10. Refer to Black-Belt Instructors as “Professor”.
11. All metal objects, jewelry, piercing, necklace or other such items should be removed.
12. No shoes, food or drink on the mat.
13. Mobile Phones on silent when in the dojo area.